APPLICATION FOR LEGAL SERVICES
Legal services application form, declaration form and affidavit the committee provides free of cost for providing legal aid.
(1) Any person desiring legal service for bringing or defending any action in the High Court may make an application in writing together with or without an affidavit in Form I to the Secretary. If the applicant is illiterate or is not in a position to sign, the Secretary or an officer of the committee may record his verbal submissions and obtain his thumb impression on the record and such record will be treated as his application.
(2) The Committee shall maintain a register of applications wherein all applications for legal service shall be entered and registered datewise and the action taken on such applications shall be noted against the entry relating to such applications.
Application may be submited for seeking legal aid at below mentioned places :
(1) In the Office of Member Secretary, Chhattisgarh State Legal Services Authority, Bilaspur (C.G.)
(2) In the Office of Secretary, Chhattisgarh High Court Legal Services Committee, Bilaspur (C.G.)
(3) In the Office of District Judge/Chairman, District Legal Services Authority, District Court premises and to the Senior Judge/Chairman, Taluk Legal Services Committee.