LEGAL SERVICES NOT TO BE PROVIDED IN CERTAIN CASES
Legal services shall not be given in the following cases, namely:-
(1) Proceedings wholly or partly in respect of-
(a) defamations; or
(b) malicious prosecution; or
(c) a person charged with contempt of proceedings; and
(2) Proceedings relating to any election.
(3) Proceedings incidental to any proceedings referred to in sub-regulations (1) and (2),
(4) Proceedings in respect of offences where the fine imposed is not more than Rs.50/-
(5) Proceedings in respect of economic offences and against social laws, such as, the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 and the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956, unless in such cases the aid is sought by the victim.
Provided that the Chairman may in any appropriate case grant legal services even in such proceedings.
(6) where a person seeking legal service-
(a) is concerned with the proceedings only in a representative or official capacity; or
(b) if a formal party to the proceedings not materially concerned in the outcome of the proceedings and his interests are not likely to be prejudiced on account of the absence of proper representation.